What began as an intention to read this book again during my time of self-confinement at home in the coronavirus lockdown, prompted me to review it for those who may have missed it. As I go through each chapter, it slowly sinks in how I forgot to consciously attract ALL the right energy EACH moment through thoughts that coexist with my existence. Now reading it again, since I first did in 2009 assuredly means looking at it differently and more maturely. The book I am talking about is – the Secret by Rhonda Byrne.
This book beautifully describes the power of one’s THOUGHTS. Here, I have summarized a few key elements and thinking changes that Secret so beautifully shares with us. I consider any change not difficult if we consciously choose to acknowledge and ACCEPT.
YES, this is the book I’m going to read at regular intervals to be more aware and attentive of my thoughts and be able to share the mind power.
Understanding the ‘Secret’
The Secret contains wisdom from modern-day teachers who show you how to cultivate and use the age-old Secret philosophy that was practiced by great philosophers, writers, and scientists like Plato, Shakespeare, Newton, and Einstein. It touches upon how applying the knowledge of The Secret, in different facets of life like money, relationships, and health, have helped people overcome obstacles and achieve what others would regard as impossible. In brief,
- Secret is the Law of Attraction that we create through images of thoughts in our minds. Thoughts being magnetic, good or bad, every thought attracts more like/similar thoughts in the same frequency.
- One of the most crucial things to remember while these thoughts come to mind is, never use any negative words like don’t, never, no, not, as the energy around is unable to relate to these words and you would inadvertently draw that into your life. E.g. when you focus on – don’t let me be called to office in the coronavirus lockdown, the law of attraction does not understand don’t and will instead manifest thinking let me be called to office in the coronavirus lockdown.
- Each dominant thought you consciously choose to attract, THINK of it as your life-changing experience and existence. Since it works in money, relationships, health, and life goals, you must develop this skill to focus on what you want so that what you don’t want falls away.
- Believe not only that you can achieve a goal, but virtually begin to imagine it as though you have already done it or achieved it.
- Do what you love. Easier said than done but the Secret lies in being able to do what you love once you believe you are great! To be happy and feel good is a choice. It is about using this choice you make to bring excitement and enthusiasm in everything you do each day.
My thoughts on the book Secret
First BELIEVE you will RECEIVE, then buy this book.
This is a positive read much needed today. A book that has sold 30 million+ copies worldwide, I would certainly recommend it as a self-motivation guide. I can evaluate and see where I faltered. Had I believed in and practiced the Law of Attraction, more closely maybe my health, wealth, and happiness quotient would be on a higher plane? Never too late. Learning is a process and Secret is the doorway to continued conscious positive thinking.
Of all the interesting parts in the book, this relates to me most –
Everything that’s coming into your life you are attracting into your life. And it’s attracted to you by virtue of the images you’re holding in your mind. It’s what you are thinking. Whatever is going on in your mind you are attracting to you.
Secret, the movie
The author Rhonda Byrne, has created a movie by the same name, the Secret that is now available on Netflix. If you prefer celluloid to a book, this is for you. Either way, it’s worth your one-time attention. What you draw out of it will depend on how open your mind is to a CHANGE. Good Luck.